InboundWriter, the first content optimization system designed specifically for writers, today announced the immediate availability of its latest release, which enables the use of InboundWriter on Apple’s iPad® as well as other tablets and smart devices. In order to support these new form factors, the InboundWriter web application has been entirely rewritten in the HTML5 standard, leaving behind its original implementation of Adobe Flash. This modern platform sets in place an architecture that will support rapid release of new functionality, strengthening current offerings, and also allow for a deeper expansion into integrating both search and social intelligence into the writing process.
In addition to enabling the InboundWriter web application on the iPad and other mobile devices, the latest HTML5 release includes the following usability enhancements:
• Improved editor functionality with dozens of new formatting options and HTML editing
• Improved preservation of formatting when cutting and pasting from other products into InboundWriter
• Optimized resolution and aspect ratio for tablet support
• Streamlined content lab for ease of consumption of recommended terms and optimization coaching tips
• Added flexible screen configuration options to better match user preferences, notably the ability to use web editor without optimization sidebar
• Tighter integration of Topic Buzz, InboundWriter’s new social sharing monitoring feature, with the user’s document library
• New document summary view, added for “at a glance” view of the user’s document library
• Integration of industry standard TinyMCE also used by WordPress and other standard Web CMS
“In light of the mobile support, interactivity and aesthetic benefits, we have fully embraced HTML5 as the standard for modern web application development and will continue leveraging this technology moving forward,” added McCarthy.
With its new iPad and tablet compatibility, InboundWriter will continue to serve as a resource for content marketers, online media publishers, interactive agencies and PR professionals, combining the traditional writing process stages – research, writing and online optimization – into a single, cloud-based application. By delivering relevant insights from a variety of web sources, including search and social media, the application allows writers to optimize content while maintaining its quality and integrity. Documents created in InboundWriter are scored on a scale of 1 to 100 based on their findability and in accordance with the content optimization strategy, as identified by the content producer.
Signing up and exploring the insights and automation that InboundWriter provides is completely free. Professional users may upgrade to a premium account with unlimited editing and no advertising for a monthly subscription fee. For more information, please visit www.inboundwriter.com.
InboundWriter is a cloud-based content optimization application that makes it easy for content marketers and professional writers of all types create more relevant and web-friendly content. InboundWriter integrates real-time search and social intelligence directly into the writing process itself, making it an indispensable tool for improving content reach and engagement. Until now, the traditional online writing process was broken into separate stages – research, writing and optimization. InboundWriter combines them for the first time in the cloud, and as a WordPress plugin, to drive dramatic improvements in paid and organic site traffic as well as engagement. For more information, visit www.inboundwriter.com, read the blog or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish!
In memory of Steve Jobs